Red Centre Series: Alice Springs - Page 2
Northern Territory
June 1994


A town, named Stuart, was first establised in 1888, a few miles south of the telegraph station, as railhead for a proposed railway line. Because the railway did not materialise, the town developed slowly. Not until 1933 did the town come to be known as Alice Springs.


two cars and 1,600 kilometers (1,000 miles) from Darwin





Simpson's Gap














bedtime